KOTA KINABALU: The Sabah Cabinet on Wednesday (Jan 18) has decided that the entry procedure for all international travellers into the state will be fully standardised with the policy set by the Health Ministry.
Sabah Covid-19 spokesman Datuk Dr Joachim Gunsalam said foreign tourists are no longer required to submit a pre-departure Covid-19 test result, and they also no longer need to present Covid-19 vaccination certificates when arriving in Sabah.
He said this in a statement Wednesday without further elaboration.
With this announcement, the Covid-19 standard operating procedure (SOP) for arrivals from China previously mentioned is expected to be dropped.
Earlier this month, the state government announced that effective Jan 8, travellers from the Republic is required to provide full vaccination from their origin countries, as well as a negative Covid-19 test result 48 hours prior to their flight.
The measures were put in place then following anticipated China visitors following the country’s border reopening, as well as new variants of the virus.
Sabah recorded four Covid-19 cases on Wednesday, where two were reported in Kota Kinabalu and one each at neighbouring Papar and Penampang.