Prank goes wrong, 16-year-old dies in toilet fire

SHAH ALAM: What started as a prank between friends turned into a tragedy when one of them died in a fire at a public toilet in Bandar Puncak Alam on Sunday (Aug 28).

Selangor Fire and Rescue Department director Norazam Khamis said they received a call at 2.35pm before a fire engine was rushed to the location.

When they arrived, they found that the fire had been put out but discovered the charred remains of Muhamad Damin Mikhail Kansol, 16.

“We then removed the victim’s body…the body was then handed over to the police for further action,” he said in a statement Sunday night.

He said the victim’s two friends were playing a mobile game in the toilet while he was sleeping on a sofa in front of the toilet door.

One of his friends then lit a fire under the sofa as a prank but the fire got bigger and smoke filled the toilet, forcing them to run out of it.

“The victim woke up and in a semi-conscious state, accidentally ran into the toilet,” he added. – Bernama